Personal Excellence Advisor – National Programs
Mon 24 July 2017
Personal Excellence Advisor
– National Programs
WAIS High Performance Service
The Western Australian Institute
of Sport (WAIS) has an exciting opportunity for a Personal Excellence Advisor
to join a World Class Sports Institute that values People and Excellence.
The Personal Excellence Advisor – National Programs is a specialist role focused on
enabling athlete development in facets of athlete life outside the daily
training and competition environment. The Personal Excellence Advisor is a
member of the multidisciplinary Performance Enhancement Team (PET) under the management
of a Performance Team Director (PTD). The PET contains a number of sport
programs delivering agreed outcomes under the leadership of a Head Coach for
the National Sporting Organisation. The Personal Excellence Advisor is
responsible for contributing discipline specific interventions, through a
planned approach, to achieve athlete performance goals.
To be considered for this
position, the following experience and qualifications are required;
- Undergraduate qualification in Arts, Business,
- Australian Working With Children’s Check
- Postgraduate qualifications in career
- Eligibility for CICA membership.
- Knowledge of the structure and systems
associated with high performance sport and the development of elite athletes
for success in the national and international arena.
- Awareness of the contemporary issues relating to
athletes in high performance sport.
- Demonstrated knowledge of career, education, and
transition counselling practices.
- An understanding of athlete sport pathways and
associated challenges to athlete career development.
- Knowledge of the symptoms and treatments of
depression, anxiety and stress.
- Understanding of the causes of mental health
presentations in an elite athlete population.
- Knowledge of interventions aimed at well-being
and personal development of young adults.
- Understanding of the education systems within WA
including TISC, TAFE, Secondary and Tertiary structures and systems.
- Experience in counselling, business, education,
career and professional/personal development service delivery.
- Experience in high performance sport
This is a part –time (0.6 FTE)
position with a contract period to December 2018. Salary range for this
position is $79,610 to $86,993 FTE and will be negotiated with the successful
For further information please
contact Joanne Richards, Performance Team Director – National Programs, email@example.com
Applicants are required to
address their suitability for the role against the position description. To
apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm
Monday 24 July.