Fever Remain Winless After Loss to the Vixens

Netball | Published: Thu 16 March 2017

Following their loss against the Queensland Firebirds in Round Three of the Suncorp Super Netball competition, the West Coast Fever once again find themselves winless having gone down to the Melbourne Vixens at Hisense Arena last Saturday night.

Heading into their Round Four match and their third trip on the road, the Fever were looking to learn from previous mistakes and record their first win for the season.

Unfortunately the outcome was not be on the night with two five minute lapses of play proving costly at the final whistle.
The West Coast side started the game strong with composure and patience, proving to be beneficial as reflected on the scoreboard.
At the ten minute mark Fever wing defence, Shannon Eagland copped a fall which would rule her out for the remainder of the season, completely rupturing her left ACL.
This occurrence had noticeable effects on the fever with the Vixens taking control of the quarter to surge away to a four goal lead at the first break. 
Heading into the second term the contest was dead even, both sides coming out the other end having scored an equal amount of goals.
The Vixens took advantage of the half time break and the opportunity to recover, punishing the Fever for their mistakes early in the third quarter.
Just as the home side had pulled away to six goals in front, the Western Australians hit back so as to sit five goals down heading into the final quarter. 
The first eight minutes of the fourth quarter proved deadly for the Fever with the home side recording 10 consecutive goals before the Fever could record one.
In what was an improved performance from previous weeks, two small lapses in play saw the West Coast side fall 11 goals behind at the final whistle, 45-56.
The West Coast Fever now return to Perth for the first of three home fixtures in a row.
Attention is now focused on Round Five against the NSW Swifts which will take place on Friday night at HBF Stadium.